Sunday, February 26, 2006

Enfold me in a silver glow
A Villanelle


Enfold me in a silver glow

Tomorrow, yesterday and today

Hold me close when I am low.


Our time is short, don’t you know

We’ll fall like flowers on the way

Enfold me in a silver glow.


Tramp with me through ice and snow,

Or summery fields full of hay

Hold me close when I am low.


And, from the first cock crow

Drink from me, be blithe and gay

Enfold me in a silver glow.


Till cranky, withered and old we grow

And all we have is memories of May

Hold me close when I am low.


Shield me from life’s little blows

Today, tomorrow and yesterday

Enfold me in a silver glow

Hold me close when I am low.

15 comments:

D'yer Mak'er said...

...amen!

: M : said...

hmm?!

anup.777 said...

hey buddy! ... very very good! ... and it rhymes!!! ... :)

"Till cranky, withered and old we grow"
... so this is the relationship for the lifetime! Congrats on the commitment! ... and all da best ... may ur wishes come true ..

: M : said...

thnks- and it had to rhyme becoz of it being a villanelle; its a v strict italian verse form!

Prmod Bafna said...

Lovely post! Hmmm incidentally this is the first vilanelle i came across :/ really nice structure to the poem. :)

: M : said...

er- thanks; its not a common form because of its wierd structure.

Φ said...

I guess you have written villanelle b4.. but this is best by far..I like this so damn much :).

Med rocx

: M : said...

erm; i havent written vilanelles before actually; i dont like strict verse forms :) but i might experiment with them later.

AlterinG Abhishek said...

AMAZING Looks
ur blogz awesome
:-)

: M : said...

thanks- although i am not sure whether you mean content or design!

anup.777 said...

oh I see ... all I know is that it's really good ... u know na that I'm ignorant when it comes to rhyme schemes and all ... :)

: M : said...

hahaha....on a more serious note, anup, if you really want to be a poet, try to educate yourself; there are forms and metres you might never use, but until you try you never can tell. instinct unguided by education is no very sure path to art.

anup.777 said...

okay ... I'm willing to learn ... ver slowly though ... cld u email me some material on this buddy? ... wld appreciate it ... :)

: M : said...

hmm..if u serious i cud

anup.777 said...

yup! ... I am ... but u've gotta gimme time to learn.. eh buddy? ... u know na that I'm already tied up with a bunch of stuff ... work + studies + blogging = hardly any time ... :) lolz

so pls do send me some material on it ... :)