Tuesday, February 07, 2006

spindrift on the sea
fish shine as if
freshly fried

the new year has seen a more somber, a more thoughtful me. a more, i would like to believe, at peace with myself me. oh no, that is not to say that i have turned into a zen zombie.

it is all a question of accepting oneself as one exists.

know thyself.

but knowing; accepting; understanding and embracing are different. each emotion has its own paradigm. and these keep shifting.

it took me forever to understand. and i am still working on - sorry to sound trite here- love.

sometimes i wish the voices in my head would just bloody shut up!

i do not know if my newly discovered affection for the haiku and haibun have anyhting to do with this- well- epiphany is too strong a word- but something near to it- or is it the reverse.

a quiet, more meditative outlook. i have never written so recklessly before- been so audacious, experimental. i have never been so in love with poetry.

funny that one leads to another- but then- everything in my life is a balance (of a sort) between contraries.

and as blake said, without contraries there is no progression.

i am the lamb, meditating in the bath.
i am the tiger, ripping open words and verse forms.
digging into the marrow of existence.

i am the babe; i the harlot.

the voice of innocence; the rasp of experience.

i am brilliant and jaded all at once.

i look. and look again.

know then thyself, presume not god to scan
the proper study of mankind is man...


10 comments:

Living On Video said...

Love with poetry,did you say?
Bhalo..very very nice.. :)

: M : said...

hmm..yes i did say that...

: M : said...

had we but world enough and time...

there lies the crux

thats the rub

damn ...damn...DAMN

Φ said...

Did Blake say those last lines too. "Gawd Damn muther of gawd"..am so struck by it..

D'yer Mak'er said...

nothin else could be said... only.. verse-"asm"... i wonder why the unrhymed always rhymes the most to me...

m the babe; i the harlot.
...makes me wonder though... what if the harlot was actually bein romantic but nobody really understood it ever...

: M : said...

hmm...no vinx im not sure.

: M : said...

@ dyer maker- mmm..thats food for thought; maybe you could right a research proposal on that!

anup.777 said...

Good stuff ...

"sometimes i wish the voices in my head would just bloody shut up"
... join the club ... :)

Above all, my friend, to thine own self be true ... that's all that matters ...

: M : said...

yes yes, to thine own self be true...but for that, one must know oneslf is it not

anup.777 said...

yes ... and this whole journey will be insufficient for us to know who we are ... for we keep on changing ... slowly ... gradually ... evolving ...

So, I just try to be true to myself, given the limited self-awareness that I have ...

I'm now confusing others with my confused ramblings ... lolz .. :)