Saturday, June 04, 2005

How art thou fallen, O CaffeineAddict!

It is amazing really, how fast someone can change. Especially when we take into account that several people hardly change much in the whole course of their lives.

A few salient points of change I have noticed-

Life/ future- somehow, I have lost the ability to think beyond the present. An amorphous present, a hazy tomorrow, that is all we have. All that I have. And I have no desire to even think beyond today.

Faith- it has withered away. Sure, there may be powers and cosmic energies, but I leave them for others to discover and revere. I do not doubt or believe. I simply do not care anymore. Faith doesn’t move mountains after all.

Death- my death wish revisited? No, I do not desire death anymore. I don’t think I was ever scared of death. I am not curious about it anymore. I just don’t want it to be a painful one.

Children- was there ever a time when I didn’t want a bunch of them for my own? And now, they are creatures from some alien dimension. I have come to terms with the fact that I may never have any of my own. And this has palled my enjoyment of other people’s children.

Marriage- permanence, hah. When I do not desire anything beyond the morrow, how can I ever exert myself enough to think of something as permanent as marriage? Besides, the more I see of the matrimonial state, the less I like the people who enter into it. Maybe fidelity and monogamy are fictitious traits in people.

Society- if man is a social creature, then I am a deviant. I find I can bear solitude very complacently. Most of the people I come across bore me insufferably.

Writing- perhaps losing its charm. No, not charm. It doesn’t help to express violent emotion anymore. Some things are better left inside a rotted brain, festering and unsaid. Confidences are better left unsaid.

Parents- idols with feet of clay. And their children (like me) unnatural and ungrateful offspring.

I am well aware that these are not enviable changes, or patterns of thinking. I do not claim to be an exceptionally good person either. I might be an indolent, self-seeking person and a lousy daughter –sister- friend- girlfriend, but this is me.
This is me, now.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You ARE the best...no matter how you might see yourself :)

L~

Φ said...

hmm thats what ive been crying since the day i started to blog sory write..gud somebdy does appreciate/intricately has studied the patterns of change...don even consider society ..cos it dosen exist its jus a idea/concept..at micro level its made up of bunch of other nincomps affected by the same change.."self acclaims" cannot be argued about but the stuff bout writing..i feel u still can say and strongly express those stuff uve been imbibing for long..u r blessed with that..when i can play and hide my message with that..u can do wonders.. :)

..To the change

Anonymous said...

Remember your life is your own.people will come people will go.What will remain is you.Shape your life how u think is best.

cheers

: M : said...

why L~, that is high praise indeed, coming from you! however, I do not want to be the best...just the best I can be. And sadly enough, or we,, not so sadly enugh, I'm not doing that. It is a small dissatisfaction though- maybe my indolence doesnt permit it as of now.

: M : said...

@ - yes, to the change indeed. like i said, change is the only constant. cheerz.

Anonymous said...

ah, the luxury of today's angsters! Like the good Basho said... eat when hungry. sleep when sleepy. and stop carrying the dead monkey around.