Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Walking down the road. Calcuttas roads. Riddled with innumerable potholes, a private swimming pool for every crow the city harbours. This is my reality.
This, the muddy, pimpled, pockmarked streets, the swarming streams of humanity that jostle me on my way to work, the little sheets of scratch paper I write my assignments on.
Out of the cavernous station at last. It rained incessantly last weekend. Ruined my suede shoes. The rain stopped. Umbrellas down, its enough to gouge my eye out.
The rain stopped. The earth finally exhales, as the sun sullenly shines on.
The earth sweats, hits me on my face. Her sweat evokes a memory. Her dampness reminds. I am suddenly reminded of my own femininity.

4 comments:

: M : said...

impressionistic? surreal? interior monologue? maybe all, maybe none. wonder if this makes any sense. if it does, i shall expand it to a short story or a sketch.


so what say you guys?

Hardeep said...

:)

Φ said...

Prima..she does reminds me of feminity..born out of a feminine vessel..we evolve and reach her at last..dust to dust..breath to death..potholes and pockmarks..are her wrinkles along these years..but she transforms to that virgin self after a crisp rain..may be shes shy..seeing him, the sun..in his caress & embrace another day....

Please do a story and a sketch..who wud say no to the elements..elements we are made of ..those we belong to..those that reminds us of ourselves..

*punkt*

u kno who..

: M : said...

hmm....very well, tha is encouragement enough..okay, the completed sketch shall be put up sometime.