Saturday, May 26, 2007

[disclaimer: this post is written by someone who is madly in love. pls take complicated prejudices elsewhere]

love em, live with em, leave em.

the new mantra of today, if bollywood and all the other associated woods are to be believed. even if taken with a big spoonful- a mere pinch won't do- of salt, the impression it makes on me is well, disturbing.

husbands, wives, mistresses, boyfriends (what are adulterous wives' lovers called? paramours? yuk!) the whole gamut of sleaze, sex and skin. how horrid. prudish that may sound, but that's just how it is.

call me old fashioned. i don't care. i don't believe in god or divine justice. i don't know much about my morals- or those of the world around me. i don't even believe in stuff like forever sometimes.

but i do believe in promises and keeping my word. 'and i promise to love honour and obey'...

call me old fashioned again if i say i wold not trust an adulterous man in his business practices. honour, hah. joke. same goes for the woman.

i know that all relationships- whether they've led to marriage or not- do not last forever. some sour, some crumble into indifference...and in some sad cases, people just drift apart.

loneliness is like a cancer. i know, I've been there. its a natural desire to want someone of your own, to have and to hold and make love to on cold winter nights.

not at the expense of your commitments.

I'm not old fashioned or narrow enough to think that all relationships should last forever. you cut off a gangrenous limb don't you [disgusting analogy eh]...I'm not an advocate of divorce, but if you must sleep around, do so as a free agent without fucking around with someone else's trust.

get a goddamn divorce, for chrissake!

[disclaimer #2- I've just seen life in a metro and more than disturbing me, it pissed me off. and like i said- take complicated questions elsewhere.]

No comments: